After injury suffered last month, the Brazilian star is in a form of increasingly better, but Gerardo Martino said he will not force Neymar in coming matches to prepare him for the match against City from next week.
The 22-year-old footballer returned to Barcelona trainings, after last month was injured in the Copa del Rey match against Getafe. Neymar was not introduced in lot of players that will travel on Anoeta for playing the second leg of the Copa del Rey semi-final against Real Sociedad, but Martino does not want to take any risk regarding the player’s condition.
“He took part in his second training session with the team, he felt no pain and physically he’s looking good,” said the Catalans coach.
“We’ll see about tomorrow and against Rayo [on Saturday]. And although it’s a very important match, his return won’t be determined by the Manchester City game – it’s about taking the smallest possible risk for the footballer.”
By Mancheste City match from the UEFA Champions League knockout phase, which will take place next week, the Blaugrana grouping will play qualification in the Copa del Rey final against Real Sociedad (after was 2-0 to Barca in the tour game).
“The result [from the first leg] allows Real Sociedad the opportunity to come back. It’s wide open, so we’ll have to make sure we take control of the game early on, keep the ball and calm our rival.” added Barcelona tactician.