Monday was the last day when clubs were able to bring reinforcements, or … to lose some value from the squad. You can find below the highest amounts paid by clubs in Serie A this summer to bring new players to the team.
As you will notice, Napoli was the club that spent the most money in this transfer period, the former Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain being by far the most expensive footballer. However, it is worth mentioning that the big teams like Inter Milan and Lazio have not made any big move this summer.
1. Gonzalo Higuain – from Real Madrid to Napoli – 37mil € + 3mil € bonus
2. Mario Gomez – from Bayern Munchen to Fiorentina – 15.5mil € + 5.5mil € bonus
3. Kevin Strootman – from PSV to AS Roma –16.5mil € + 3.5mil € bonus
4. Angelo Ogbonna – from Torino to Juventus –13mil € + 2mil € bonus
5. Carlos Tevez – from Manchester City to Juventus –9mil € + 6mil € bonus
6. Adem Ljajic – from Fiorentina to AS Roma –11mil € + 4mil € bonus
7. Mehdi Benatia – from Udinese to AS Roma –13.5mil €
8. Raul Albiol – from Real Madrid to Napoli –10mil € + 2mil € bonus
9. Alessandro Matri – from Juventus to AC Milan –11mil €
10. Dries Mertens – from PSV to Napoli –9.7mil €